Saturday, October 3, 2009

Avenue Q and Familiar Faces

I have wanted to see Avenue Q for a while. A heck of a lot of my friends have raved about this show to me for quite some time, and they always make jokes about it, and now FINALLY, I get them too. Now I have to say, I did not wet my pants with laughter, nor did I laugh to the point of tears, but this could very well have been attributed to the fact that I am quite poorly (for the uninitiated, this means that I am sick). I did love it nonetheless. These puppets are insane.

We got the tickets for 27 quid each. There were four of us, Phil, Lauren, Beth and myself. I bought the tickets online at "lastminute.com" and they were great seats. I couldn't believe our seats, originally these tickets were worth about 66 pounds, which blew my mind that we were able to get them so cheap and to top it all off we bought them like 4 hours before the show actually began! Anyway, so we got there about 7:30 had some wine, and saw the show. I am jumping over some conversation time here, not terribly important.

The show started at 8:30 and it was just the kind of unexpected stuff that I was expecting. In other words I expected to not see a thing coming and I was correct in my prediction. A bed rocketed off into space, the puppets made love (to put it mildly), it even had some sad moments. At one point they appealed to the audience's charitable side and came out with hats to collect change. I gave them whatever change was in my pockets I think it was like 1 quid and 57 p or something. I was feeling pretty generous... the show ended on a happy note soon after that and we all went to the stage door with every intention of getting autographs. Unfortunately, it costed 10 quid to get a program and we all sort of decided that was a bit much for a program so as a result we had nothing for the actor's to sign when they came out... But then I remembered our tickets, I always keep my tickets from major awesome shows, and so we got out a couple of pens and got every actor's John Hancock except one but we didn't want his anyway, he sucked. The funny thing though was that they were all british. I mean, I heard it while they were onstage, it wasn't hard. And once again, I was trying to expect the unexpected but I guess that should have been expected given we are in London. Eh oh well.

So we left the theatre and came home. We played foozball for a bit and then slowly everyone went to bed. I, wanting to meet people, decided to stay up and meet people. Eventually, someone recognized me and asked me to do some more magic. Yeah, I know, but it is so much fun!! And for all of my acting friends, it is like performing everyday under ridiculous amounts of pressure and learning new ways to improv. I'm telling you I have learned so much by just listening to people. So anyway, 3 o'clock comes around and i've met like 4 new friends and I am still feeling poorly so I decide to go to bed. Remembering finally that I was supposed to meet an old friend the next morning (this morning) at ten o'clock. The next morning, that was too early so we bumped it to 11:30 and I took the train to Paddington Station to meet her. This place was cool huge station, sort of like a mall, with an underground and an international train station.

This friend is a long time friend that I have not seen in some time. Her name is Ksenia Kuznetsova. It was really awesome to see her. we had breakfast, and her boyfriend from Russia joined us and we just talked about how things have been going. then I started feeling crappy again and I grabbed some drugs, and we parted ways. It was a nice morning and probably going to be the highlight of my day, and now I am writing this blog and have to finish my laundry so, until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hua: i read it~~ nice life here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write more of these!! Glad you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete